Experience Adventure, Fun, And The Best of Vancouver Island With Malahat SkyWalk This Spring Break
~ Local families and visitors to Vancouver Island can take advantage of the special Kids Visit Free offer from March 11 - 31st ~
MALAHAT, BC, MARCH 1, 2023 - Spring has sprung at Malahat SkyWalk, making it the perfect day trip for family members looking to tap into their inner explorer and experience an adventure like no other. Beginning with a scenic stroll through nature and blossoming Arbutus trees on the elevated TreeWalk, to traversing the 10-storey Spiral Tower (250 metres above sea level), with its stunning springtime scenery of sparkling Inlet waters, coast mountains, and islands in the distance, this attraction truly showcases Vancouver Island at its finest. Upping the fun factor is a thrilling mesh Adventure Net, suspended at the top of the tower and a seven-story spiral slide for adults and kids to race to the bottom. All of this and more is why Malahat SkyWalk is a memorable experience and a must-see, must-do attraction this spring.
SPECIAL SPRING BREAK OFFER
To further entice families to visit this Spring Break, Malahat SkyWalk is introducing its new Kids Visit Free offer. From March 11-31, 2023, children/youth (17 and under), receive free admission when one adult/senior ticket is purchased online at full price using code SPRING23. Adding to the experience is a scavenger hunt, where younger kids can uncover some of the highlights of the attraction and receive a free hot chocolate upon completion.
While at Malahat SkyWalk, families will want to make sure they experience all that the attraction has to offer this spring, including:
- Big Highs and Blue Skies on the Malahat SkyWalk Tower - Standing 250 metres above sea level, the 10-storey SkyWalk is an engineering marvel and the ultimate way to experience Vancouver Island scenery, like never before. The first of its kind in BC, the award-winning, 10-story architecturally stunning Spiral Tower offers breathtaking views of Finlayson Arm, Saanich Inlet, Saanich Peninsula, Gulf Islands, San Juan Islands, Mt. Baker, and the Coast Mountain range, from every level.
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side on the Adventure Net (If You Dare) - Adults and kids alike can step onto the 84-metre mesh Adventure Net, suspended high at the top of the tower. Whether looking through the spiral structure below or gazing out at the endless views, either way, it's sure to get everyone’s heart pumping.
- It’s a Scream on the Spiral Slide - A trip down the 20-metre enclosed spiral slide is always a scream (literally). Taking eight to nine seconds with each twist and turn, the slide is a thrilling experience everyone will want to do again and again.
- At One with Nature on the Elevated TreeWalk - Step into a pristine, natural setting on the elevated TreeWalk (20 metres above ground), high amongst a mature Arbutus and Douglas Fir forest. From beginning to end, guests can learn about nature, culture, and history of the area through interpretive stations along the way. Built at a five percent grade, the TreeWalk is fully accessible and available for all visitors.
- A Campfire Like No Other - Immersed deep in nature, family and friends can gather at Malahat SkyWalk’s outdoor fire pit right beside the tower. It’s the perfect place to sit back, connect, share stories, spend time together as a family, and enjoy a warm open fire along with a cozy drink.
- Spot a Creature or Two - From birds, frogs, and critters to maybe catching a glimpse of a resident sasquatch, children and adults alike will delight in the possibility of spotting or hearing a creature, or two amongst Malahat SkyWalk’s surrounding forest. Visitors should also keep their eyes peeled for driftwood art installations of blue herons, owls, and cougars, placed throughout the experience.
For more information on Malahat SkyWalk, the Kids Visit Free offer and more, please visit malahatskywalk.com or contact them directly at 1.833.625.2428. For the latest news and updates, follow Malahat SkyWalk onInstagram, and connect onFacebook.
About Malahat SkyWalk
Just a short 35-minute drive north of Victoria, Malahat SkyWalk is Vancouver Island’s newest premier year-round attraction and is accessible for all guests, providing a connection to nature like never before. The first of its kind in BC, the experience begins with an elevated TreeWalk (20 metres above ground), high amongst a mature Arbutus and Douglas Fir forest that leads to an impressive, 10-storey architecturally stunning Spiral Tower. At 250 metres above sea level, the structure offers panoramic and ever-changing views at every level of Finlayson Arm, Saanich Inlet, Saanich Peninsula, Gulf Islands, San Juan Islands, Mount Baker, and the Coast Mountain range. The Malahat SkyWalk is located in Malahat, BC and is situated on the traditional territory of the Malahat Nation.
Since its opening in July of 2021, the attraction has welcomed more than 250,000 guests from across the globe. Malahat SkyWalk has also been recognized with multiple innovation and tourism awards for its unique design and experience.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Nancy Dery, Sloane Street Communications