Food & Beverage Service Associate
Food & Beverage Service Associate
Come and be part of one of BC’s most unique and exciting experiences at Malahat SkyWalk! Being a member of our team means becoming part of the newest must-do activity on Southern Vancouver Island. We spend our days in the treetops, sharing our passion for nature and hosting visitors from all around the world.
What makes us awesome:
- You'll be joining a group of motivated, passionate, and adventure loving people who know the meaning of work-hard and, play-hard
- Complimentary employee passes for full-time employees and their dependents to come and show off this beautiful attraction
- Regular staff appreciation events - did we mention we like to have fun at work?
- Discounts on food from our Café and in our Gift Shop
- We are a daytime attraction, so you will still have plenty of time to enjoy your summer evenings after a day of work offering work-life balance
- A unique work environment that keeps nature, hospitality, sustainability, diversity, and continuous learning and improvement at the forefront of what we do
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing attentive and friendly service to our guests while ensuring accuracy in orders and payments
- Preparing baked goods, to-go food items, and specialty coffee beverages for guests
- Continuously learning and improving on department processes and procedures to ensure food quality standards are exceeded
- Maintaining a tidy environment, and cleaning high-contact surfaces and tables both indoors and outdoors, while ensuring proper adherence to COVID-19 protocols
- Cleaning and restocking work and customer service areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, to ensure all offerings are available for guests
- Providing additional assistance to your Malahat SkyWalk peers as required
What makes you awesome:
- You pride yourself in being reliable and are known as a team player
- You think proactively and quickly on your feet; you are skilled at using your resources to solve whatever problems may come your way
- You are a master juggler, and you know how to prioritize
- You know the difference is in the details, it’s the little things that take life from ordinary to extraordinary
- You have a proven ability to connect and communicate with people effectively
- You have previous experience working in a fast-paced café or restaurant environment, including barista experience (aka you know your way around an espresso machine)
- Valid Food Safe and/or Serving It Right certification, or willing to obtain (we can help you with this if you don't have it quite yet)
- You are comfortable being on your feet, walking, bending, and standing for extended periods of time
- You hold a valid drivers' license and have a reliable vehicle to get to and from the Malahat SkyWalk safely
If you’ve made it this far and are still unsure if you should apply, we invite you to take the leap and send us your resume! Due to the volume of applications we receive, please note that only those proceeding to the pre-screen round will be contacted.
Malahat SkyWalk is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.