Guest Experience Agent
If you are excited about being part of the team at BC’s newest and first of its kind tourism experience then keep reading. The Malahat SkyWalk is an exciting new tourism project on Southern Vancouver Island. The experience includes a Welcome Centre, a 600 metre accessible treetop walk through beautiful coastal forest leading to a spectacular spiral ramp that takes you up 40 metres to a sightseeing lookout offering unparalleled views of southern Vancouver Island. The Malahat SkyWalk experience will provide a stunning new perspective on beautiful southern Vancouver Island and will be a must-do activity in BC.
Do you act with a customer comes first attitude?
Do you have a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service for customers?
We are looking for people who are passionate about being part of the team at BC’s newest and first of its kind tourism experience, and who are passionate about sharing this unique experience with local visitors and from around the world.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Engaging guests in a professional, prompt and friendly manner
- Providing guest services by mail, phone, email, and in person appropriately to the best of your ability
- Representing Malahat SkyWalk as the first face of the experience, welcoming guests
- Operating the ticket POS system, handling cash and credit card transactions
- Providing additional assistance to other areas of Malahat SkyWalk as required
Required Experience and Assets
- Team Player
- Past work experience using POS or ticketing systems is an asset
- Cash handling
- Personable and outgoing with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional language is an asset
- A high degree of thoughtfulness in dealing with the public
- Disciplined to work independently, and show initiative and resourcefulness
- Experience in tourism or guest services is an asset
- Knowledge of the area is an asset
- A valid drivers' license and a reliable vehicle is preferred as the business is not accessible by public transit
Malahat SkyWalk is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Salary will commensurate with experience
**Hiring date June 2021
**We thank you for your interest in Malahat SkyWalk, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted