We are looking for safety-minded, guest-focused Outdoor Hosts who will look for the work that needs to be completed rather than wait to be asked.
We want people who are passionate about being part of the team at BC’s newest and first of its kind tourism experience, and who are passionate about sharing this unique experience with visitors from around the world.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Providing a safe, informative, and exceptional experience for guests
- Maintaining order and flow of people on the elevated walkway, down and off the spiral slide, on the adventure net, and along the walking paths-ensuring adherence to safety rules
- Completing daily opening and closing procedures of the elevated walkway, tower, paths/walks, and surrounding areas
- Building relationships with guests throughout the experience by using communication skills to listen and engage
- Monitoring activities for risk management, and assessing and intervening when situations require (according to company policies and COVID-19 policies)
- Completing ongoing inspections of the site in accordance with company policies and relevant safety protocols, reporting any safety hazards to the supervisor on duty
- Conducting inspections of the spiral slide and adventure net components
- Assisting with daily maintenance efforts if required
- Providing additional assistance to Malahat SkyWalk staff as required
- Determination and ability to be a valued team member
- This position is physically demanding; you must be comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather/ extreme weather fluctuations, at heights of 100+ feet, and be in good physical health and able to be on your feet for 8 hours.
- Previous experience in adventure tourism, guiding, and/or outdoor education is an asset
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively while being able to multi-task
- Proven ability to stay calm under pressure and provide guests instructions or assistance in the case of an emergency
- Proven track record of identifying risk, fire hazard, or safety deficiencies, and bringing solutions
- Ability to read, analayze, and interpret general business instructions, technical procedures, or government regulations
- FireSmart training and general awareness of fire safety is an asset
- Occupational First Aid training is an asset
- Outdoor Education or Tourism diploma preferred
- Ability to operate a vehicle; a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation is preferred as the business is not accessible by public transit
- A high degree of thoughtfulness in dealing with the public
- Flexible in duties and shifts; able to work weekends and holidays
Malahat SkyWalk is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Salary commensurate with experience
**Hiring date June 2021
**We thank you for your interest in Malahat SkyWalk, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted