If you are excited about being part of the team building BC’s newest and first of its kind tourism experience
then keep reading. The Malahat SkyWalk is an exciting new tourism project on southern Vancouver Island. The
experience includes a Welcome Centre, a 600 metre accessible TreeWalk through beautiful coastal forest
leading to a spectacular spiral ramp that takes you up 40 metres to a sightseeing tower offering unparalleled
views of southern Vancouver Island.
Do you act with a customer comes first attitude?
Do you have a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service in a retail environment?
We are looking for people wo are passionate about being part of the team of BC's newests and first of its kind tourism experience and who are passionate about sharing this unique experience with visitors from around the world.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Engaging guests in a professional, prompt and friendly manner
- Working in the Malahat SkyWalk Gift shop managing sales in alignment with goals and targets
- Maintaining an organized and tidy store environment
- Operating and being accountable for the cash register
- Cleaning high-contact surfaces and ensuring proper adherence to COVID-19 protocols
- Providing additional assistance to other areas of Malahat SkyWalk as required
- Team Player
- Past work experience using POS
- Experience handling cash and credit card receipts
- Experience in retail, tourism or guest services is an asset
- Personable and outgoing
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Additional language is an asset
- A high degree of thoughtfulness in dealing with the public
- Disciplined to work both independently and in a team environment
- A valid drivers' license and a reliable vehicle is preferred
Malahat SkyWalk is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Salary will commensurate with experience
**Hiring date June 2021
**We thank you for your interest in Malahat SkyWalk, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted